Handbook:Example 13 University: Trees and shrubs on the campus
Adapted for the use in university courses, available only in German.
Identification key trees and shrubs in the city of Graz (Austria) with 160 species.
- Smartphones with an internet connection
- Pedagogical support material (provided by the teacher)
- Teachers contacts local Key to Nature partner
- Local Key to Nature partner provides a list of organisms (e.g. trees and shrubs in the city of Graz)
- Teachers go on excursion with their Classes
- Classes are divided into small groups of pupils who identify together the species based on the key on the smartphone
- Teachers evaluate the key after the course to the purpose of continuous improvement
It is essential to have basic knowledge on identification and identification characters. The KeytoNature experts have developed several tools for pedagogical support:
- Identification Key: “Bestimmungsschlüssel für die häufigsten Bäume und Sträucher im Stadgebiet von Graz“
Summarising the experience
Report on the experiences from the field will be soon available on this site.