Resource Target System
The field Target System in the Resource Metadata Exchange Agreement is used especially for interactive resources such as identification keys. Supported values are:
- JAVA, .NET = the JAVA or .NET virtual machine
- Mac, Mac OS X = generic or specific Mac versions
- Windows, Win95, Win98, WinME, Win2k, WinXP, Win2k3, Vista = generic or specific Windows versions
- Linux, Linux 2.2 = generic or specific Linux versions
- PDA = generic for any kind of Personal Digital Assistants / Smartphones.
- Symbian OS, Palm OS, Windows Mobile, Linux for Mobiles, RIM BlackBerry, iPhone = specific PDA or Smartphone operating systems.
- (Leave this value empty, if the target system is largely irrelevant, such as for images, pdf documents, or web-browser based applications)
These values are freely extensible, but the values above should be used where possible.