KeyToNature Progress Meeting in Cluj
Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2010-02- from 22 to 25
- 1 TRAVEL - HOW TO REACH CLUJ
- 2 ACCOMODATION
- 3 DETAILED AGENDA
- 4 REGISTRATION: WIKI-BASED FACILITY
- 5 VENUE OF THE MEETING
- 6 LOCAL INFORMATION
- 7 THINGS TO DO NOT MISS IN CLUJ
- 8 CONTACT AND INFORMATION
TRAVEL - HOW TO REACH CLUJ
The workshop will last 2 full days as follows:
- 22 February 2010 - Arrival of the members of the K2N Consortium
- 23 February 2010 - 1st day of the meeting
- 24 February 2010 - 2nd day of the meeting
- 25 February 2010 - Social event (excursion); Departure for the others.
- 26 February 2010 - Departure of the participants to the excursion.
- Flights connections: Travel is suggested through Cluj International Airport. Companies that offer direct flights to Cluj:
- Internal train connections: National Railways.
- Bus Connections with Europe: Eurolines.
Reservations for single rooms have been made by us for all the participants at the K2N meeting at "Hotel Belvedere". Therefore, no need to make personal bookings. The K2N meetings will take place in this hotel, in the conference room called "Miorita" (M). If anybody wants to make their own room reservation in another hotel, here is a list of hotels in Cluj.
Address of the hotel:
Str. Calarasilor, Nr. 1, Cluj-Napoca, RO
Tel: +40 264 432071, Fax: +40 264 432076
Location of the hotel on Google Maps
- From/to airport to/from the hotel: get a taxi from the main exit hall and ask for "Hotel Belvedere". The tariff would be about 20RON (5 Euro). At the end of the trip, the taxi driver would be able to give to you the receipt. You could cash RON in the airport from ATMs or from the exchange office.
- From/to downtown to/from the hotel: the hotel is situated on a small hill called Cetatuie from where you have a nice panorama of the town. It's very nice to walk down from the hotel to downtown (10-15 mins) by stone stairs or to come back from the town with a taxi (2-3 Euro).
- Price for the hotel: 1 single room (incl. breakfast and local tax)+ 1 lunch as buffet + 2 coffee breaks = 65 Euro/day.
- Internet in the hotel is free. The access is: a) cable in the rooms, b) wireless in the conference room and lobby. Ask at reception for details.
You may download the agenda in PDF format from here.
22 February 2010, h. 18:00 - Management Team Meeting
Restricted to management team delegates of: ETI, EVO, TBA, UNITS and UTCN as hosting organisation.
23 February 2010, h. 09:00 - Analysis of progress of previous and ongoing activities, demonstrations and discussions
|09:30-09:35||Greetings from the hosting organization||Prof. Mircea Giurgiu (UTCN)|
|09:35-10:15||State of the project and introduction to the meeting||Prof. Pier Luigi Nimis (UNITS the Coordinator)|
|10:15-10:45||Demo 1 - mediaIBIS||Dr. Gisela Weber (JKI), Cornelia Veja, Andrei Homodi (UTCN)|
|11:00-11:15||Demo 2 – Open Key Editor, new developments||Dr. Edwin van Spronsen (ETI), Dr. Stefano Martellos (UNITS)|
|11:15-11:30||Demo 3 – iPhone application for the Estonian Flora||Mr. Rodolfo Riccamboni (UNITS / Divulgando S.r.l.)|
|11:30-11:45||Demo 4 – Progress in the wiki-keys and the German National Portal "Offene Naturführer"||Dr. G. Hagedorn (JKI), Gerd Schmidt (ILI-FIM)|
|11:45-13:00||Meeting with Romanian Associate Members, Stakeholders and Professors of biology.||Prof. Mircea Giurgiu, Lect.dr. Daniela Marian (UTCN)|
|14:15-15:15||Organization of the Joint Final Congress in Paris. (Programms, speakers, budget, sharing of costs etc).||Prof. Pier Luigi Nimis (UNITS)|
|15:15-16:15|| Addressing the main Reviewers’ recommendations:
||Moderated by Prof. Pier Luigi Nimis.|
|16:35-17:35||Status of the project and status of the employment of resources.||Nicola Dorigo Salomon (TBA – Project Manager)|
|17:35-18:00||Any other business. Questions and Answers.||Dr. Alessandro Mazzetti (Giunti LABS)|
|19:30||Social dinner (meeting in Hotel lobby at 19.00)||Continuing informal discussions|
24 February 2010, h. 09:00 - Impact, dissemination and sustainability
|09:00-10:30||Exploitation and Business Model Development||Dr. Christian Kittl (EVO)|
|11:00-12:30||The Future of the KeyToNature Consortium||ETI / UNITS|
|14:00-15:30||Future and Ongoing Project Applications (COST, LLP KA3, LLP - Comenius, Interreg IV A)||Dr. Gerd Schmidt (ILI-FIM) / Mr Thomas Putz (EVO)|
|16:00-16:30||Preparing the final review meeting||All partners|
|16:30-17:00||Next deliverables||Mr. Nicola Dorigo Salamon (TBA)|
|17:00-17:30||Wrapping up and conclusions.||Prof. Pier Luigi Nimis (UNITS)|
|17:30||Closing of the meeting and way forward|
|19:00||Social dinner (meeting in Hotel lobby at 19.00)||Continuing informal discussions|
25 February 2010, h. 09:00 - Field trip and excursion
Check out the excursion page to do not miss a nice opportunity to see Romanian life, culture and landscape ! !
REGISTRATION: WIKI-BASED FACILITY
|Family name||First name||Organization||Arrival (hour, from)||Departure (hour, to)||Hotel||Excursion (Yes/No)|
|HUDSON||Raymond||EC||22/02/2010 (12:10, Munich)||25/02/2010 (12:45, Munich)||Belvedere||No|
|NIMIS||Pier Luigi||UNITS||22/02/2010 (16:30, Venezia)||25/02/2010 (08:15, Venezia)||Belvedere||No|
|MARTELLOS||Stefano||UNITS||22/02/2010 (16:30, Verona)||25/02/2010 (08:15, Verona)||Belvedere||No|
|RICCAMBONI||Rodolfo||UNITS||22/02/2010 (16:30, Venezia)||25/02/2010 (08:15, Venezia)||Belvedere||No|
|DORIGO SALAMON||Nicola||T&B e Associati srl||22/02/2010 (15:00, from Venice via Timisoara)||26/02/2010 (08:00, to Venice via Timisoara)||Belvedere||Yes|
|DONOSO||Verónica||CUO||22/02/2010 (12:10, Munich)||25/02/2010 (12:45, Munich)||Belvedere||No|
|KITTL||Christian||Evolaris Next Level||22/02/2010 (13:50, Vienna)||25/02/2010 (12:45, Munich)||Belvedere||No|
|PUTZ||Thomas||Evolaris Next Level||22/02/2010 (13:50, Vienna)||26/02/2010 (09:20, Vienna)||Belvedere||Yes|
|TRILAR||Tomi||PMSL||22/02/2010 (12:10, Munich)||26/02/2010 (12:45, Munich)||Belvedere||Yes|
|KODELE-KRAŠNA||Irena||PMSL||22/02/2010 (12:10, Munich)||26/02/2010 (12:45, Munich)||Belvedere||Yes|
|MAZZETTI||Alessandro||Giunti LABS||22/02/2010 (23:10, Pisa)||25/02/2010 (16:20, Budapest)||Belvedere||half...|
|Hagedorn||Gregor||JKI||20/02/2010 (15:45, from BUDAPEST)||25/02/2010 (16:20, to BUDAPEST)||Belvedere (from Mo evening)||No|
|WEBER||Gisela||JKI||20/02/2010 (17:31, Budapest)||25/02/2010 (10:22, Budapest)||Belvedere from Mo evening||No|
|MIHNEV||Pencho||BIKAM Ltd.||22/02/2010 (18:10, Bucharest)||26/02/2010 (14:25, Bucharest)||Belvedere||Yes|
|ROUJINOV||Manol||BIKAM Ltd.||22/02/2010 (18:10, Bucharest)||26/02/2010 (14:25, Bucharest)||Belvedere||Yes|
|GARCIA||Esther||RJB||21/02/2010 (23:40, Madrid)||25/02/2010 (15:10, Madrid)||Belvedere||No|
|SCHMIDT||Gerd||FIM||22/02/2010 (12:10, Munich)||26/02/2010 (12:45, Munich)||Belvedere||Yes|
|SCHALK||Peter||ETI Bioinformatics||22/02/2010 (18:10, Amsterdam)||24/02/2010 (noon, Amsterdam)||Belvedere||No|
|VAN SPRONSEN||Edwin||ETI Bioinformatics||22/02/2010 (18:10, Amsterdam)||26/02/2010 (noon, Amsterdam)||Belvedere||Yes|
|PRESS||Bob||NHM||22/02/2010 (12:50, London)||26/02/2010 (06:10, London)||Belvedere||Yes|
|SAAG||Andres||University of Tartu||22/02/2010 (18:10, Bucharest)||26/02/2010 (09:20, Vienna)||Belvedere||Yes|
|RANDLANE||Tiina||University of Tartu||22/02/2010 (18:10 Bucharest)||26/02/2010 (09:20 Vienna)||Belvedere||Yes|
|FERRER||Marina||RJB-CSIC||21/02/2010 (23:40, Madrid)||25/02/2010 (15:10, Madrid)||Belvedere||No|
Participants from Romanian schools and associated members
- Prof. Anca Cristina HODOROGEA - General Inspector on Education, Cluj
- Prof. dr. Adelhaiad KEREKES - Inspector of Biology, Cluj
- Prof. Elena VIRTIC - Inspector of Biology, Bistrita-Nasaud - Id Key "Dendrological Park"
- Prof. Liana TIRAU - National College "Liviu Rebreanu", Bistrita - Id Key "Dendrological Park"
- Prof. Emilia BUTA - National College "Liviu Rebreanu", Bistrita - Id Key "Dendrological Park"
- Dr. Delia CEUCA - Zoologic Museum, Cluj - K2N Associated Member - Key on species of birds in RO
- Dr. Alexandra SUTEU - Botanical Garden Cluj - K2N Associate Member - consulting botanist
- Prof. Florin CRISAN - Faculty of Biology Cluj - specialist in lichens
- Prof. DEAK-FOGARASI Zita - High School of Informatics "Tiberiu Popoviciu", Cluj - Key of birds in Danube Delta
- Prof. Livia ARDELEAN - Director of High School for Environment Protection, Cluj
- Prof. Felicia BOAR - High School for Environment Protection, Cluj - key on gymnosperame
- Dr. Horea Raboca - "Babes Bolyai" University, Cluj
- Prof. Irina POP - "Babes Bolyai" University, Cluj - pedagogy and training issues
Participants from Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
- Prof. Mircea GIURGIU
- Lect.dr. Daniela MARIAN - relation with schools and associated members
- Drd. Cornelia VEJA - management of K2N metadata repository
- Eng. Andrei HOMODI - researcher and technical implementation
- Drd. Zsuzsana KISS - workshop organisation support
- Eng. Ahsanul KABIR - researcher.
VENUE OF THE MEETING
The meetings will take place in the conferece room "Miorita" at "Hotel Belvedere".
- National currency is Romanian Leu (RON). The exchange rate is about 1Euro = 4.20 RON. Daily exchange rates are available from the Romanian National Bank.
- You can obtain RONs from: ATMs in downtown, airport, from the bank offices or from private exchange offices (open 9:00 - 17:00).
- You can pay the hotel with the credit card or in cash (RON or EURO).
- For restaurants, normally you pay in cash with RON. There are some restaurants that accepts cards, too.
- In most of the markets (but not in small shops) you could pay with card.
- Cab companies: Diesel Taxi, TerraFan, Pritax, Nova Taxi. The firm's name is written on the side of the car. Normal fares: starting costs about 1.9 RON, the per kilometer fare is 1.9 RON. The fare for the trip to the aiport is about 25-30 RON and you could get a fiscal receipt from that. Telephone for taxi: 0264 - 946.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- RATUC (Cluj-Napoca urban transport) page. A bus/trolleybus/tram double ticket costs 3 RON and can be purchased from the tickets booth ("Bilete") in almost every bus/trolleybus/tram stop. This ticket is good for two trips; one trip means without getting off and no round trips.
THINGS TO DO NOT MISS IN CLUJ
Check the dedicated web page.
CONTACT AND INFORMATION
Prof. Mircea Giurgiu
Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
26 Baritiu Str., 400027 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Mircea.Giurgiu (at) com.utcluj.ro
+40 264 401807, 401226 (office).