Handbook:Example 12 grammar school: Trees and shrubs in town
Adapted for the use in grammar school (16 to 18 year old pupils), only available in German.
Identification key trees and shrubs in the city of Graz (Austria) with 160 species.
- PCs or Laptops with an internet connection
- Pedagogical support material (provided by the teacher)
- Teachers contacts local KeytoNature partner
- Local KeytoNature partner provides a list of organisms (e.g. trees and shrubs in the city of Graz)
- Teachers brings specimen in the classroom
- pupils identify alone or in groups of two the species based on the key on the PC or Laptop
- Teachers evaluate the key after the course to the purpose of continuous improvement
It is essential to have basic knowledge on identification and identification characters. The KeytoNature experts have developed several tools for pedagogical support:
- Identification Key: “Bestimmungsschlüssel für die häufigsten Bäume und Sträucher im Stadgebiet von Graz“
Summarising the experience
Report on the experiences from the field will be soon available on this site.