Discussions about overall WP dependencies
In the following the dependencies of the WPs and tasks as presented during the Amsterdam meeting are shown mainly from the “educational tool perspective” (as opposed to the “technical perspective” of WP 3-5).
Important: Technical actions/tasks that come out of the discussions have to be listed in the Technical_Action_List_2008
--Marc Brugman 19-Feb-2008 14:07 CET WP5 selected the Flora content (primary data) of FRIDA, eFlora, and Linnaeus to test the infrastructure. It is good to keep this in mind when you select uses cases for eLearning tools, if you want to test the infrastructure from the users' point of view.
The main flow of the WPs is the following:
- The results of Task 2.1 (user needs, ideas) feed into both Task 2.2 and WP7.
- Task 2.2 generates use cases and activity diagrams for both the to-be-developed platform (main focus) and existing tools in very close interaction with WP 7 to ensure adherence to the pedagogical strategy.
- The use cases and activity diagrams are in turn the basis for the design of the interface to the platform (WP 6) and the reengineering of the existing tools (WP 9)
- Prototypes generated in WP6 and WP9 are then tested with end users in WP8. The results of WP 8 feed both back to the use case designers, pedagogical strategy developers, and the UI designers.
In order to iteratively improve the prototypes, steps 2) to 4) shall be repeated at least once.
N.B. WP 10-12 are not shown for the reason of reduced complexity, of course IPR and business model considerations are key inputs at all stages, especially for designing the use cases.
According to the DoW (Annex I) 3 milestones were agreed. These are listed below, together with the most important results that need to be available at these checkpoints with regard to the diagram presented on the previous slide.
- MS1: Initial requirements, Month 12
Conceptual model of the interface (WP6) Pedagogical strategy (WP7) => Use cases, activity diagrams (WP2, Task 2.2) according to the pedagogical strategy (WP7) as well as concepts for the interface of the platform (WP6) and the reengineered interfaces of existing tools (WP9) need to be ready in M12.
- MS2: First prototype, Month 24
Prototype of the interface and report on usability testing (WP6) => The concepts need to be implemented as working prototypes, tested for usability (WP6) and user experience (WP8) by M24
- MS3: Final prototype, Month 36
Evaluation data based (WP8) improved eLearning product demonstrator (WP9) => Another iteration of prototype implementation (improvement) in WP6 and WP9, followed by user experience testing in WP8
Short Time Planning
In order to reach Milestone 1, the following steps are necessary:
- 1a) Development of use cases and activity diagrams (WP2/Task 2.2) in parallel and very close cooperation with
- 1b) Development of initial pedagogical strategy (WP 7)
A first version of the output of 1a )and 1b) should be available asap, but by end of M7 (March) the latest.
- 2a) Development of a concept for the platform interface (WP6) in parallel with
- 2b) Development of a concept for interface reengineering of existing tools (WP9)
The concepts are due in M12 to meet Milestone 1.
In parallel to these activities the preparation of user trials (WP8/Task 8.1) should already start in order to have everything ready for evaluation as soon as the prototypes based on the concepts developed in 2a)+2b) are ready.
Version 1.0: CK 18-Feb-2008 12:44 CET