Trees and shrubs in town
Grammar school - 16 to 18 year old pupils
Identification key trees and shrubs in the city of Graz (Austria) with 160 species (Bestimmungsschlüssel für die häufigsten Bäume und Sträucher im Stadgebiet von Graz).
- PCs or Laptops with an internet connection
- Pedagogical support material (provided by the teacher)
- Teachers contacted local KeyToNature partner
- Local KeyToNature partner provided a list of organisms (e.g. trees and shrubs in the city of Graz)
- Teachers brought specimens into the classroom
- Alone or in groups of two, pupils identified the species using the key on the PC or Laptop
- Teachers evaluated the key after the course for the purpose of continuous improvement
It is essential to have basic knowledge on identification and identification characters. The KeyToNature experts have developed several tools for pedagogical support.